Customer information on data protection
last amended on 28.06.2019
In order to create more transparency when companies process personal data, the European legislator has introduced a new duty of information. When data are collected, you as a customer should be able to find out what happens to your personal data and the purposes for which they are processed. You are receiving the following information because of Art. 13 GDPR.
1. Data controller and data protection officerThe data controller for processing personal data is arcotest GmbH, Rotweg 25, 71297 Mönsheim, Germany, represented by its managing director, Fritz P. Bloss.
How to contact our data controller: Phone: +49 (0) 7044 902270, fax +49 (0) 7044 902269, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Purposes; legal bases and provision of your data2.1 Contracts
Your personal data are processed to initiate and conclude contracts, to communicate while handling contracts, to invoice and to handle payments. The lawfulness of processing is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 b) of the GDPR (performance of a contract or a pre-contractual measure). Furthermore, the lawfulness of processing is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 f) of the GDPR (legitimate interests). Our legitimate interests, for example, are based on electronic and more efficient data processing and the optimisation of the general work processes. You need to provide your personal data in order to conclude a contract with us. Failure to provide your data means that a contract cannot be created and implemented.
2.2 Direct marketing and internal analysis
The data controller may process your personal data to provide you with information about our offerings. The lawfulness of processing is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 f) of the GDPR (legitimate interest). We have a legitimate interest in actively offering our services, win customers and customise advertisements as much as possible.
2.3 Solvency information
We reserve the right to obtain information about you prior to contract conclusion or if circumstances impacting your solvency become known. If the information is negative, we may refuse to conclude a contract with you. The lawfulness of processing is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 f) of the GDPR (legitimate interest). Our legitimate interest is assessing your solvency and reducing the risk of payment defaults.
3. RecipientDuring service provision, your personal data are shared with the data controller’s departments and processed by them; they may also be shared with other companies (eg, shipping providers, contractual partners or processors). In these cases, sharing your data is covered by a legal basis or performed during order processing. Sharing personal data with distributors in third countries Insofar as data are shared with data controllers in countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, we ensure prior to sharing your data that the recipients in the third countries have an adequate data protection level.
The purpose of sharing data with recipients in third countries is to process your order. This may be the case if you have placed an order from a third country and we share your personal data with a reseller or distributor to fulfil your order. The lawfulness of such processing is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 f) of the GDPR. The data controller has a legitimate interest in offering their services also in countries where the data controller has no subsidiaries, and to involve contractual partners to that end in such countries.
The lawfulness of sharing data with third countries is mainly based on the country where you are located and the country where the body is located receiving your personal data. There is either an adequacy resolution of the European Commission between the country your personal data are shared with or the data controller has ensured through the agreement of so called standard contractual provisions of the European Union with the recipient that this provides an adequate protection level for your personal data.
4. Retention of your dataYour data are stored for the first time when contact is established, eg, by e-mail or phone or by exchanging e-mails and/or written documents. We delete your personal data when the contractual relationship terminates, all mutual demands have been met and no legal retention duties or bases for retaining your data exist. We continue to use your postal address for marketing purposes after the contract is terminated unless you object. Insofar as your data have been anonymised for analysing, they are stored and used for an unlimited period.
5. Rights of data subjectsYou have the following rights:
You have of a right to information (Art. 15 GDPR), correction (Art. 16 GDPR), deletion (Art. 17 GDPR), limitation of processing (Art. 18 GDPR) and data transmission (Art. 20 GDPR). We endeavour to process requests rapidly.
If your personal data are processed according to. Art. 6 Para. 1 f) GDPR, you have the right to object insofar as there are reasons arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising (Art. 21 GDPR). In case of an objection against direct advertising, we will not send you any marketing news.